It's not a secret that most guys have a hard time figuring out what to text a girl they like. Some don't even know the very basics of texting a woman. They just send her message after message hoping for the best. Often though, they mess something up that could have been easily avoided simply because they have no idea what they're doing.
That's why this article will give you 5 important rules to follow whenever you are texting a girl you like.
5 Rules for Texting a Girl
1. Avoid appearing needy and desperate. Probably the most important rule to remember when you're texting a girl is not to appear needy. If you appear too needy or desperate over your text messages, don't be surprised when she suddenly stops responding to you (this rule applies even when you meet her face to face!).
To avoid looking too desperate, stop texting her too much too often. If she doesn't respond to your message immediately, don't panic and start bombarding her with follow-up messages. Sometimes girls can take a long time to get back to you, so you're only shooting yourself in the foot when sending her another message just because she hasn't responded yet and you can't stay patient.
Also, try to keep your messages short and sweet. She isn't really interested in reading long essays. Even if you have a lot to say, sending her ridiculous long messages will only look like you're too eager to "make it work" with her. When you want to connect with her on a deeper level, do it when you meet up with her!
Another thing you should avoid, that too many guys still do, is to go crazy with complimenting and telling her all about how special she is. While this is a nice gesture, it's not really helping you and only makes you come across as very desperate and needy. Therefore, avoid it.
2. Keep it fun. While this rule seems pretty obvious, it's embarrassing how many guys still break it. Instead of making the interaction fun with her, they try to start a meaningful discussion. But that's not what texting is for! Your main goal isn't to get to know her over text. Sure, you might learn a thing or two about her, but texting should still lead to one certain outcome – to meet up with her. Therefore, make it as fun as possible, so she will want to meet up with you!
You don't even have to write some overly convoluted or "clever" messages. Just joke around and, if possible, banter with her. Your text messages should have a lighthearted adventurous tone, keep the deep conversations to when you eventually meet up with her. Bringing a playful tone into the text exchange not only makes the interaction fun for her but actually helps with the first rule: if you can make lighthearted jokes about her (tease her), you won't come across as needy. Keep your conversation with her fun and uplifting, and she will want to keep talking to you!
3. Start strong. When we are on the topic of fun, remember to start your interaction with her the same way! The biggest sin you can commit when texting someone is to start with something mundane and boring like "what's up?" or just "hey." While this it is a convenient way to start, it doesn't really give her any reason to respond. IF she responds to it, she will still count on you to lead this interaction somewhere.
Start with something that leaves an impact. If you have already built some rapport with her before sending the very first text, then try to use that in your opening message. Even better, if you already had some inside jokes or some funny encounters, use them to initiate contact. If nothing from your previous interaction with her comes to mind, try something that could get an emotional response.
Your goal here isn't to get just a response from her, but to actually make her want to respond. And the best way to do this is to get her to emotionally invest in it. If you want to learn how to do this, then How2TxtHer does an excellent job in explaining it (and helps with the fun part too!).
4. Remember the end goal. While it's fun to chat with her over text, you still have to keep in mind why you're actually doing it – it's because you want to meet up with her! So don't drag the text exchange on for too long or you run the risk of boring her (and if she's bored, she will stop responding to you!). You can't drag the discussion on forever. This means that eventually, you will have to ask her out! Don't wait too long for the "perfect moment," because it might never come. Just ask her out in a nonchalant way without making a huge fuss about it. While it might be a big deal for you, don't let it show or you'll break rule number one!
While women would never admit it, they want to date a guy who has options. This means that he could have anyone he wants but chooses her over all the other girls. This is why you should ask her out like it's not a big deal for you (because it really isn't) - you'll come across as a guy who asks her out because he wants to, not because he needs to. And if she, for whatever reason refuses, everything isn't lost yet. Just ignore it and continue talking to her like nothing happened, and after some time, try again. Only if she stops responding to you completely or tells you off, should you actually give up.
5. Know when to quit. Like we already mentioned, you shouldn't give up lightly. But if you're hoping she will come around when you just keep sending her more messages, then you're just wasting your time on someone who isn't interested. If she isn't interested in meeting you or responds to you just to be polite (always very short sentences and you even have to drag them out of her), then don't try to convince her otherwise. Move on and find a girl who is more responsive.
You can't get every girl, so give up on the ones who aren't interested in you because you are just wasting your time on them. Even if it's painful to give up on the special one, you are only making it worse, if you don't!
These were some basic rules for texting a girl. Of course, there are many more things you should keep in mind when you are about to send a message to a girl. And if you're serious about becoming better at texting women (and therefore raise your chances with every one of them), then you should definitely take a look at How2TxtHer. It's probably one of the best programs for someone just starting out in text game. It takes you step-by-step through all the stages of texting, until you get the girl!
Also, if you're interested in this program, I've got a special deal for you! If you decide to get How2TxtHer, I'm going to throw in something that will help you when you finally meet up with her! Take a look at it here.